What is controlling your life?
If you are like me you may think at first, “Nothing! I’m good. No worries here.”
- Relationship with the opposite sex?
- Outburst of anger or selfishness?
- Habit that you know is wrong or not healthy?
- Friendship or peer group that is steering you down a wrong life path?
If so, the questions is “Do you want to break free from it?”
Just like the man who was controlled by an impure spirit, by faith in the power of Jesus, we can get free from those impure spirits controlling our lives.
- Cry out to Jesus (v.23 “the man cried out”). Believe Jesus has the power to overcome what is holding you.
- Submit to God (James 4:7) “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
- Resist the attack– How?
- Speak against it just like Jesus did (v.25)
- Flee from the evil desires (2 Timothy 2:22; 1 Corinthians 6:18; 1 Timothy 6:11)
- Pursue God and his ways (1 Timothy 6:11)